Mercedes SL Hardtop Transporter Cart
Hardtop Transporter Cart. Comes WITHOUT cover. Cover is sold separately.
These Hardtop Transporter Carts ARE IN STOCK! We ship WITHIN 24-48 HOURS AFTER YOU ORDER MONDAY - FRIDAY. Once you place your order online, we will then send you a tracking number to your email address the minute it ships! We can even do a 1-day delivery for the additional shipping real time costs. So, if you get your order in before 3:00PM PST M-F, you can have it tomorrow. We suggest that you simply do a ground delivery which costs less and still only takes 3-5 business days for delivery M-F. To get the ball rolling, simply click the "add to cart" button!
Move your Mercedes SL Hardtop with ease with a hardtop transporter cart.
Regular Price: $294.00
Sale Price:$133.00 *In Stock, Ships Within 24 - 48 Hours!
You May Also Like
- I would like more information on the installation of this hoist such as can the hoist be mounted on a side wall and if so are the pulleys supplied?
- No, what you will have to do is mount it on the top ceiling, directly above where your hardtop lift will be raised.
- Does the speed of the hoist need to be doubled down or is there a control on the motor to control the lowering speed?
- Our electric motor winch has one speed; Slow. This insures that your hardtop will be lifted smooth and safe!
- How does the hoist attach to the car top, with straps or is there a curved bar under the top?
- There is a custom mandrel bent bar(excluding Jeep hoist) that is specifically designed for your vehicle with a protective padding that you will cradle underneath the window section of your hardtop. This insures that your top will be held efficiently and most importantly, without damaging your hardtop's weather rubber trim.
- Does the top swing when hanging? How precise does the car need to be under the hanging top for alignment back on to the car?
- Yes, the top can swing. With the Electric Motor Winch, you simply use one hand to control the lifting button, and one hand to steady the top as it raises... if it actually does start to turn or sway. The top only weighs around 80lbs, so if it does start to sway and move around, it will not fall off the lift system. Our lift systems are secure. If you are using the Brake Winch version, you will simply raise it slowly, and if it does start to sway or move, you will stop the lifting, grab control of the hardtop, then proceed. Again, your hardtop is secure, so you will not have to worry about it falling off!
- Any additional information would be greatly appreciated since I have a one car garage and I have a garage door opener to work around. The garage isn't very deep and the location of the top on the car sits directly below the opener motor. I may need to offset the hoist to pass the rail of the opener or back the bird in and hang the top behind the opener.
- You called it, in your last line when you said, "to back your car in and hang the top behind the opener". That's your best option. If you were to hang the eye bolt hanger or Electric Motor Winch on the side of the garage door opener motor on the top ceiling, you would then have to be more careful with lifting and lowering the hardtop down to your vehicle. We do not suggest this, although it is possible.
- I only have an eight foot high ceiling?
- As long as your ceiling is 6 feet high, you can install any of our Hardtop Lift Systems for your cherished roadster!
- Does the Brake Winch and Electric Motor come with the Support Cradle and Harness Assembly or do I have to purchase that separately?
- The manual pulley, the Brake Winch and Electric Motor all include Support Cradle and Harness Assembly as well as all necessary hardware and fasteners.
- In your photo it would appear that the weather stripping is resting on the support cradle. Doesn't it become damaged over time?
- The weather stripping is actually higher than the hard inner head liner. The contact points between the padded support cradle and the hardtop are with this hard inner head liner. Thus the weather stripping is not effected.
- Can I leave my hardtop hanging in the hoist?
- The hardtop is supported and balanced at three points in such a way that does not strain the structure, does not touch the paint and does not effect the weather stripping. You can cover your suspended hardtop and leave it up and out of harm's way for as long as you need to.
- How high does my garage ceiling have to be?
- Your ceiling can be as low as six feet. It's generally a good idea to back your car into place for the removal and replacement procedure. This will accommodate a lower ceiling height and the hardtop will be over the hood of the car when you park normally so you wont bang your head getting in and out of the car. Also, the lifting cable will be far enough into the garage to prevent interference with the garage door. The greatest advantage is replacing the hardtop - you can lower the hardtop to just a few inches higher than it would be as it sat on the car. This will make it very easy to back your car under it for a perfect alignment and absolutely safe replacement.
- Which lifting system do you recommend?
- All three lifting systems are very safe and easy to use. Of course, the easier it is to raise and lower the hardtop the safer it's going to be. The electric lifting system has a little box which houses the control switch and is small enough to allow you to actually use both hands to help position the hardtop as it is lowered onto the car.
- How difficult is the installation?
- The installation is quick and easy. If you have a ladder, a 1/4' drill, a phillips screwdriver and a 9/16" socket you can install any of the three systems and have the hardtop removed from you car in about 45 minutes.
- Is this really a "one person" operation?
- Both the manual pulley system and the electric winch are truly a one person operation. Since the brake winch mounts to a wall stud it's necessary to be able to reach both the crank handle and the hardtop to make this a one person job. If you must park your car a farther distance from the wall you may need a second person to turn the crank handle.
- With a Hard Top Hoist Lift installed. What is the distance from the ceiling to the bottom of the suspended hardtop?
- Manual Hard Top Lift, 5ft. Brake Winch Hard Top Lift, 4ft. Electric Hard Top Lift, 5ft.
- What is the guarantee?
- The guarantee is very simple: If at any time you're not completely satisfied with any Hoist Lifts product you have 30 days to return in for a refund.
"This product is easy to use and operate. I send you a picture of my installation in Medellin, Colombia."
I have enjoyed the Hardtop lift and the ease of operation. It takes what would be a two man job and makes it easily done by a one.
I did attach 3 pictures. As you will see in one of the pictures I modified the installation by adding a third eye bolt and pulley. I may not have needed it with just a small change in placement of the middle pulley. But in the long run it wasn't much addition work or expense so all is good.
Thanks for your follow up.
George H. Lambrides
The two main attractions I like about your hardtop lift system are:
1. The ability to easily remove and replace the top all by myself.
2. The ability to store the top close to the vehicle and in an area that is essentially, dead space. It just a very elegant solution to managing my SL's removable top, as it handles two issues at once, removal and storage.
The system is very convenient and sort of fun to use.
Prior to buying the lift, I had to either leave the top on most of the winter, or get someone to help me remove it, which get's old quickly.
Glad I found you!
Hello Mr. Scott:
I received, assembled and installed my new MB Hardtop Lift last week, in a very short time. It is a lightweight, simple, logical and still well suited/rated for items much heavier that my classic car's hardtop. It is a great investment for my car, storage space and safe care of my automobile.
Thank you very much!
Shawn Oliai, MPA. July 5th, 2011
"Aaron, thank you for your quick reply, I know why your company has great reviews on products and service."
Aaron, I finally had a chance to install it. It works fine and was a fairly easy installation.
Aaron, The Hardtop hoist arrived safe and sound! The quality is quite superior and the instructions are clear and understandable ! Thank You for your help.
Sincerely, A.J. (9-20-09)
IN reply to the above testimonial, here is A.J.'s followup message:
Aaron, My Hardtop Hoist went together beautifully, just like the directions said, take your time, understand it. Adjust it to fit your top. I cannot believe how effortless it is to remove the Hardtop! I wanted to be able to remove the Hardtop by myself and now I can! I can leave it up by the Garage ceiling or set it on my hardtop stand. What a great Hoist!
Sincerely, A.J. Roden (9-24-09)
Just wanted you to know my hardtop lift system arrived Wednesday, Aug. 20 and I installed it today and it is working wonderfully.
Thank you, Ron Akey (8-20-08)
"Thanks for your prompt response and quick service. I will certainly recommend your company to any of my friends if they are in the market for a hoist."
Thanks Again Aaron,
Nik Guiler (May 1st, 2006)
"Rec'd the top hoist and it worked like a charm with some help from my son and son-in law. I don't think we could have removed the top without it. Thanks !"
"Received the Hard Top bag and Cart, they work great!"
"I love the quality and the security that comes with having my new Hoist, Thanks!"
"Thanks, great Hoist lift!"
"I wish I would of known about your Hoist Lifts 2 weeks ago, before I dropped my Hardtop."